Questions to ask before hiring a letting agent.
August 31, 2011 § 1 Comment
- Are you qualified, please give details?
- Do you belong to any official trade bodies, please give details?
- Do you carry out referencing in-house or use an outside agency?
- What information do you collect for referencing?
- As a Landlord can I see the results of the reference checks?
- Do you provide a copy of the rental agreement to the landlord?
- How much do you charge and what does this cover?
- Do you add an additional charge to remedial work invoices?
- Who do you lodge deposits with?
- Who do you bank with and do you have a client account?
- How much unpaid rent has been incurred by the agency in the last five years?
- How soon after receiving rent do you pay the landlord?
- What is your process for rent chasing?
- Do you provide inventories, if so what type?
- Where do you advertise available property?
- Are viewings always accompanied?
- How often do you carry out property checks.
- What information do you provide to tenants when they rent a property?